Hi EH,

Was this discussion, DON'T ASK DON'T TELL deleted. If so, why? On the Forum we should be able to discuss any and all issues which affect our country and our daily lives. We cannot expect everyone to agree; but, we can discuss.

If a person or persons on a particular discussion start getting a wee bit too nasty -- delete them; but, not the whole discussion.

And, a discussion should NEVER be deleted because it goes against YOUR personal belief system. If that were true; then I would ask that all atheist postings be deleted.

However, that would not be right either. I may disagree with our atheist Friends; but, I would never want to see them nor their thoughts deleted.

Please, EH, censor when anyone becomes too offensive; but, please do not censor what we can discuss -- especially when we do it in a civil manner.

Appreciate your help in this matter.

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

Bill
Last edited {1}
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by David L.:
It doesn't surprise me that you didn't find the post offensive. Roll Eyes
Hi David,

I am not sure I understand what you mean. Please do explain in more detail.

When Forum members begin to get nasty and offensive toward other members; I find that offensive. But, having a discussion of whether we should have gays in the military should not offend anyone.

Personally, I believe gays in the military can create a dangerous environment -- both to young recruits and in battle, when everyone must trust and depend upon that person or persons who have your back.

Again, this is just my opinion. Others may feel differently. That is why we have Forum discussions.

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

Bill
I was just about to read that thread too. I haven't been on in several days. The first day I get on here, that thread was deleted, and so was the Ghost thread that I was in the process of reading. :/

Not sure why either one were deleted (didn't get to read the rest of the ghost one). Hopefully EH will reply to give an answer.

~Amanda
Well, for starters, every word that Jetturd uttered was offensive. And your post wasn't any better when you basically insinuated that all gays are some type of leech going around hitting on every man in sight.


quote:
Originally posted by Bill Gray:
Hi EH,

Was this discussion, DON'T ASK DON'T TELL deleted. If so, why? On the Forum we should be able to discuss any and all issues which affect our country and our daily lives. We cannot expect everyone to agree; but, we can discuss.

If a person or persons on a particular discussion start getting a wee bit too nasty -- delete them; but, not the whole discussion.

And, a discussion should NEVER be deleted because it goes against YOUR personal belief system. If that were true; then I would ask that all atheist postings be deleted.

However, that would not be right either. I may disagree with our atheist Friends; but, I would never want to see them nor their thoughts deleted.

Please, EH, censor when anyone becomes too offensive; but, please do not censor what we can discuss -- especially when we do it in a civil manner.

Appreciate your help in this matter.

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

Bill
No David Bill was not insinuating that all gays are hitting on every man in sight . Roll Eyes
why people on here like to add things beats me ?
quote:
Originally posted by bluemoon1:
No David Bill was not insinuating that all gays are hitting on every man in sight . Roll Eyes
why people on here like to add things beats me ?


Well you obviously were not reading the same post I did.
He most certainly did insinuate such when he began his tirade with comparing homosexuals with swimgers, pedophiles and "beastialist" [sic].

Jetboi got an earful of crap from several vets and active duty members of the military alongside non-sodomy obsessed individuals who aren't vets or in the military -- myself included.

If one fans the bellows expect the flames to rise.

Evidently some can dish it out anonymously but not take it at all -- the hallmark of a bully and sucker puncher who turns his back into the crowd after decking someone unseen.

It is too bad that the thread no longer exists so that all can see what Jetboi and Bill both posted and see if it isn't offensive in extremis and would not be tolerated aimed at any other group in the world save Muslims and Democrats and Socialists, where no lie is too ludicrous not to be spread.
Our friend "Slice" always shuts down "his" threads when they do not go the way he wants them to.

Here are the FACTS about rape, sexual assault and harassment in the U.S. Armed Forces.

Sexual Trauma in the Military Reserves and the National Guard
27% of men have experienced military sexual trauma
60% of women have experienced military sexual trauma
3.5% of men have experienced military sexual assault
23% of women have experienced military sexual assault
11% of women have experienced rape
1.2% of men have experienced rape
Service branch with the highest percentage of women reporting sexual trauma: Marine Corps
20% of women seeking care at VA facilities have experienced sexual trauma
1% of men seeking care at VA facilities have experienced sexual trauma
8.3 percentage of women report lifetime PTSD related to MST
More than half of the incidents took place at a military work site and during duty hours
The majority of the offenders in these cases were military personnel
Factors that increase risk of sexual assault for active duty females include presence of officers who condone or allow sexual harassment and unwanted sexual attention
Sources:

Department of Defense: 2006 Annual Report on Military Services Sexual Assault [pdf]

Department of Veterans Affairs, "Military Sexual Trauma Among The Reserve Components Of The Armed Forces"

American Journal of Industrial Medicine, 2003. "Factors associated with women's risk of rape in the military environment." Sadler, Anne, et al.

Please notice that rape occurs 10 times more in women than in men. Following Bill's line of thinking, our daughters are far more at risk than our sons. ANY sexual assault is criminal and should be dealt with accordingly. Male, female, black, white, gay or straight the same rules apply to everyone.

This is another example of Bill trying to find enemies among American soldiers who live and die for this nation. That is very similar to Fred Phelps and his views.

*Notice we now have 2 threads on the same subject again!
Last edited by meanasasnake
quote:
Originally posted by bluemoon1:
No David Bill was not insinuating that all gays are hitting on every man in sight . Roll Eyes
why people on here like to add things beats me ?


That was exactly what he was insinuating. Roll Eyes
I have of late begun to think of "slice" as a grave misnomer, preferring to insert "pile" -- as in "hot steaming stinking rancid pile of (inset favorite offal or excremental effluvium here)".

But that is merely my opinion, and since I discount the veracity of the Genesis account of creation, and view talking snakes as neither more than moral fable nor any more profound than Pandora and her box, I am sure that to the Salvation Assured™ crowd will take exception, but that I take for granted.

I left the wonderful wacky world of fundamentalism literally as soon as I left home, for the better, I assure all -- for my own spiritual journey unemcumbered by screeching legalistic prissy practitioners of the odious Superfundamentlist Protestant variety. What a joy discovering that there were clergy who praeched to people and not at them!

What a joy to discover that the church is for the living and not the dead and that one is allowed and even encouraged to think and research and not memorize! Selah.
I'm sorry Neal. It sounds as if you had a really disturbing childhood. I'm glad you were able to overcome some of it.
quote:
Originally posted by trouble63:
I'm sorry Neal. It sounds as if you had a really disturbing childhood. I'm glad you were able to overcome some of it.


A minimalist attempt which fell short.
Originally posted by Bill Gray:
having a discussion of whether we should have gays in the military should not offend anyone.

Yes! It should offend & does. First & foremost, they are Soldiers!!!
Those men & women, no matter if gay or straight is fighting for your freedom so you can have the right to say the goofy things you say.


Personally, I believe gays in the military can create a dangerous environment -- both to young recruits and in battle, when everyone must trust and depend upon that person or persons who have your back.

So you truly believe that a gay man or woman wouldn't have the back of a fellow soldier? That's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard. Roll Eyes
Actually, I had a fantastic childhood. Minus the religious indoctrination and boredom from being force sat on a pad free bench for hideous hour long sermons and then people who I saw in stores as very nasty individuals gather on the steps and stare at the sinner who had dared to show up in their blessed house.
My grandfather raised me, and he was a very popular old coot with a great set of cronies who held court at Miss Annie's in Saint Joe with a pile of newspapers and was still bitter over FDR's untimely death and Claude Pepper losing the Florida senate race to George Smathers!
Swimming in Blue Water Creek, family Sundays at my great-grandfather's in Peppertown with all the fixings and trimmings, black berry picking, hog slopping and being terrified of the two milk cows, Jersey and Holstein in the barn. Playing kick the can and hide and go seek in the barn when the cows were out to pasture . . . being able to read at 3 and amazing adults when my folks showed off my prowess, mispronounced words and all . . . all day badminton tournaments with my sister . . . ah, all so fair and wonderous.
Then they sent me to school and it went downhill rapidly!
quote:
Originally posted by Neal Hughes:
Actually, I had a fantastic childhood. Minus the religious indoctrination and boredom from being force sat on a pad free bench for hideous hour long sermons and then people who I saw in stores as very nasty individuals gather on the steps and stare at the sinner who had dared to show up in their blessed house.
My grandfather raised me, and he was a very popular old coot with a great set of cronies who held court at Miss Annie's in Saint Joe with a pile of newspapers and was still bitter over FDR's untimely death and Claude Pepper losing the Florida senate race to George Smathers!
Swimming in Blue Water Creek, family Sundays at my great-grandfather's in Peppertown with all the fixings and trimmings, black berry picking, hog slopping and being terrified of the two milk cows, Jersey and Holstein in the barn. Playing kick the can and hide and go seek in the barn when the cows were out to pasture . . . being able to read at 3 and amazing adults when my folks showed off my prowess, mispronounced words and all . . . all day badminton tournaments with my sister . . . ah, all so fair and wonderous.
Then they sent me to school and it went downhill rapidly!




I admire your knowledge of the english dictionary, but where are the fancy adjectives in this answer. No offense intended.
Raven, that is "ME" talking, not my "Get Bill" alter ego. I save my fancy nasty stuff for him and his crew. Why? Just because I can and it makes him mad and have to look up words in the dictionary! Which, by the way, is where I get most of my fancy talkin'!
Personally, I believe gays in the military can create a dangerous environment -- both to young recruits and in battle, when everyone must trust and depend upon that person or persons who have your back.
Please explain this ridiculous statement....
I think that either Bill Kristol or Pat Robertson told them. Maybe it was the Holy Ghost, who knows? Why should logic or empirical evidence ever interfere with a right wing talking point?

Why not post blanket statements denigrating entire classes of people instead, isn't it what Jesus wants us to do?

This infatuation with gay sex is so appalling on so many levels! I doubt the #1 rent boy in NYC thinks about it as much as some here do!

Why not just substitute "pork eaters" for "gay", the injunction is in the same silly tribal wish list of taboos!

Evidently, when a point interferes with one's own personal lifestyle, then it is OK to parse your way out of it!

Woe be to ye pork and shrimp and clam eaters! You are unfit to serve in the military! Unfit, immoral and related to child molesters, porn stars, and Bill's "beastialist." The wages of sin is death! You wallow in your filth and flaunt your chosen lifestyle with your "Memphis in May" and "Crawfish Jamborees!" Have you no shame? The Word of the Lord is ETERNAL!

Do not allow our boys to be seduced into a lifestyle filled with filthy swine and tasty yet spiritually corrupt shellfish! And watch out for rounding the sides of your beards and not giving the Levites their tithe!

Repent and turn away from your chosen lifestyles! Yes, it is chosen, pray and you can become fully kosher.

Dangnabit! I need a ham n cheese sammich about now with some shrimp bisque.
quote:
Originally posted by moondancer323:
Personally, I believe gays in the military can create a dangerous environment -- both to young recruits and in battle, when everyone must trust and depend upon that person or persons who have your back.
Please explain this ridiculous statement....


What makes gays any more dangerous than the average person who has sex? I'm sure gays don't think about sex anymore than a heterosexual person. In fact, I've known more heterosexuals with sex addiction than gays.

This is the twenty-first century and besides the Village People said it best, "In the navy..." Need I say more?
I truly do not understand anyone's fixation on another person's sexuality. What possible different does it make? I don't get it! Could someone please explain why there is even a forum discussing this? Who cares??????????????
There are all kinds of crazy people in Mass. with suckers who give them money for websites.

That is why "normal" people live in NH, Maine, or Rhode Island up there, or up in the Berkshires.

This group needs to meet up with Gill Bray and yourself and bomb some old folks homes or whatever it is y'all do for fun.
[[[This group needs to meet up with Gill Bray and yourself and bomb some old folks homes or whatever it is y'all do for fun.]]]

Or go into a church and shoot people.
quote:
Originally posted by nealmhughes:
There are all kinds of crazy people in Mass. with suckers who give them money for websites.

That is why "normal" people live in NH, Maine, or Rhode Island up there, or up in the Berkshires.

This group needs to meet up with Gill Bray and yourself and bomb some old folks homes or whatever it is y'all do for fun.


Whats the matter Neal ,cant say enough in one name ,you have to have two ? Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by tnt5862:
quote:
Originally posted by nealmhughes:
There are all kinds of crazy people in Mass. with suckers who give them money for websites.

That is why "normal" people live in NH, Maine, or Rhode Island up there, or up in the Berkshires.

This group needs to meet up with Gill Bray and yourself and bomb some old folks homes or whatever it is y'all do for fun.


Whats the matter Neal ,cant say enough in one name ,you have to have two ? Roll Eyes




lol Big Grin

maybe its his other personality Eeker
quote:
Originally posted by moondancer323:
Personally, I believe gays in the military can create a dangerous environment -- both to young recruits and in battle, when everyone must trust and depend upon that person or persons who have your back.
Please explain this ridiculous statement....


That was exactly the same thing that was said about women when they wanted to go to combat....... when are you men out there going to wake up and realize that the white-male is not '''''all that''' anymore....... women.... other races...... gays are protecting our country and our right just as much....... if not more so than you opinionated men are..... Jetboi got a lot of flack from uniformed people on here....... that I do remember.....
quote:
Originally posted by moondancer323:
I truly do not understand anyone's fixation on another person's sexuality. What possible different does it make? I don't get it! Could someone please explain why there is even a forum discussing this? Who cares??????????????


Huh?....... you cant have it both ways... one comment is against...... one is for...... which is it?.....
quote:
Whats the matter Neal ,cant say enough in one name ,you have to have two ?

I think several of those OTHER names posting are neal too...and meanasasnake.

Lot of names...a couple of people Roll Eyes
RE: sockpuppetry: N/A for me. I have posted under no one else's name. I want to have credit given when it is earned in either direction, i.e., from the rational and those of normative socialization skills as well as umm . . . those of you who are not meeting such standards.

One good piece of hate mail makes my day twenty times more than twenty Bravo Zulus.
quote:
RE: sockpuppetry: N/A for me. I have posted under no one else's name. I want to have credit given when it is earned in either direction, i.e., from the rational and those of normative socialization skills as well as umm . . . those of you who are not meeting such standards.

One good piece of hate mail makes my day twenty times more than twenty Bravo Zulus.


Cant understand you neal...you may have something stuck up your butt...pull it out and try again...
Basically it means that anything bad you say about me I relish as I think that Jet/Ratboi/46:1 is a pile of hot steaming crap that is probably going to be working in a stockroom with a bunch of butch muscle bear gay coworkers and manager for the rest of his miserable and sadly for humanity's sake too long life. Or he may just become a Republican politician. Maybe Lindsay Graham can be your mentor or Larry Craig! That would be fun, now wouldn't it Jetso? A stretch in Cellblock Q with the Aryans who would sell you to the MS-13 and on down the line for a carton of cigarettes might be more to your tastes though. Thought of admitting to any felonies? I heard that Capshaw needs a few good new bois as the old ones are worn out after such a short while . . .
quote:
Basically it means that anything bad you say about me I relish as I think that Jet/Ratboi/46:1 is a pile of hot steaming crap that is probably going to be working in a stockroom with a bunch of butch muscle bear gay coworkers and manager for the rest of his miserable and sadly for humanity's sake too long life. Or he may just become a Republican politician. Maybe Lindsay Graham can be your mentor or Larry Craig! That would be fun, now wouldn't it Jetso? A stretch in Cellblock Q with the Aryans who would sell you to the MS-13 and on down the line for a carton of cigarettes might be more to your tastes though. Thought of admitting to any felonies? I heard that Capshaw needs a few good new bois as the old ones are worn out after such a short while . . .



Actually neal I supervise inmates. Need I tell you some of the disgusting things I have seen?

Add Reply

Post

×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×