Why Should Someone be Banned?

There has been several people banned from the forum recently. I don’t know why or who reported them, except one & that was Bill Gray whom reported Wooley. Bill said he didn’t report him to have him banned, but I cannot believe he didn’t think there was a good chance he would be. (He was banned within hours of Bill’s reporting him)

 

There’s been twice recently, both on the same day, that Bill made a comment to Wooley that I felt was report/ban worthy. I, in fact, reported one of them.

 

On September 11, Bill made the comment that Dwight's avatar looked like it came from a Pedophile web site. The picture, for goodness sake, was of a baby in a diaper, dancing. Several of us mentioned that we didn’t see the picture as relating to a Pedophile web site. (I've never been to one so I wouldn't know)

Only Bill’s sick mind saw it that way. Of course, to protect himself, Bill added “Since I know that is not your style”. Bill doesn’t know Dwight so how would he know what his style is or isn't? He doesn’t, as I said he added it as a way to try & protect himself.

 

Then on September 30, Bill made two more comments.

At 3:06 AM, he posted:  “Hi Dwight, Just curious. Is there a reason you like avatars which show young boys and young men -- dancing in their skivvies? As I said, just curious”.

Bill

 

At 2:54 PM, Bill posted: "Hi Dwight, My Friend, they are YOUR AVATARS -- so, I have no need to explain them. If young children in diapers and young men in shorts are YOUR THING; so be it. As the old 1970s song said, "It's yo thing, do what you gotta do!" 

Bill

 

In the rules of this forum, one is that we may not submit anything that is libelous or defamatory concerning any person. Am I the only one that sees these comments as defamatory? Are those comments not just as slanderous as the comment Wooley (Dwight) made to Bill, if not more so?

 

Bill is implying that Wooley likes young boys, young men, young children in diapers, & young men in shorts. He’s implying Wooley is a pedophile.  What makes this even worse is that Bill claims to be a Christian. If he really thought Wooley was a Pedophile, why not carry it to him privately? Why would any human being want to be so hurtful to another?

 

I didn’t see Wooly’s comment he made to Bill as slanderous. Yes, he should have carried it to Bill privately but it wasn’t worth being banned over.

The post could have been deleted & that would have taken care of it in a nutshell. When a report is made you have a message box. Bill could have easily ask for the topic or said post to be deleted. He could have requested that the member not be banned.

 

If Bill was upset over it enough to report him, why discuss it with him in emails as he said he was doing?

Sorry this is so long, I'm just curious what everyone’s opinion is.

 

 

 

Original Post

Geez.  Why would anyone comment that those avatars were like that anyway?  Why can't people just discuss things without insulting each other?

 

I need that head banging on wall picture from another thread for this.  I have seen many, many posts in this forum that would have gotten people banned most other places, but those people are still here, but there is always talk of someone being banned....I don't get it.

Semi, I feel you have opened my eyes as far as Bill Gray is concerned. I'll admit I never read his post anymore because he's a baptist(holier than thou) preacher and he feels he is always right about everything and everyone else is stupid and that turns me off completely. If I wanted to be preached to and chastised and criticized I'd go to church on Sunday. I now realize just how vindictive he really is.

The sad part is that he does it all under the guise of Christianity.

I have never understood how some are banned and others are passed over. I will relate a true story that happened on the forum a few years ago. There was a male poster who was almost universally liked. He was conservative politically, a Methodist I believe, and extremely intelligent. He was also well rounded and had a huge trove of knowledge of everything from physics to pop culture.

 

Often people use abbreviations with which I'm not familiar; I usually look them up online. At some point a poster used the term "MILF." A woman who at the time was a prolific poster questioned what the acronym meant. The male forum member that I spoke of sent the woman a PM telling her what the initials stood for--after all, she had asked.

 

The woman then reported the well-liked man, and he was banned. She said that was not her intention, but nevertheless the man was not readmitted at that time. The woman later resigned from the forum under questionable circumstances.

My thoughts on it are this: I have NO idea what went on in pm with bill and wooly but as I posted earlier I would think pm meant PRIVATE message. Private to me would and should mean just that, private. I wonder if wooly knew or understood the pms could be used against him IF he posted something he shouldn't have there. I say IF because once again we have no idea what went on in pm. All I saw was bill's post to wooly to check his pms.

 

Semi is absolutely right, bill has made posts that should have gotten him banned IF he'd been reported. He's made posts to me and other people that very well could have been "ban worthy" if we'd reported him and been persistent like I'm sure he is when he's getting someone banned. BUT, I also don't think bill does it all by himself in most cases.

 

I think bill and some others "bait and try to goad" others into things, and then scan every post that person makes so that when there is the slightest thing they can use, things they'd completely ignore if it was their pals posting it, they start reporting or even emailing. I think they do it in multiple ids too. And lastly, as I said, if the mods were to get nitpicky, if we were all reporting and harping to them, anyone on these forums could be considered "ban worthy" at one time or another.

 

 

I no longer read any of Bill Gray's comments because it makes me sad to think that he is a Baptist...I am a Baptist!  He says very hurtful things and seems to do his very best to be critical/hurtful.  My grandfather was a Baptist preacher and he would have NEVER tried to hurt people like this.  I'm embarrased that he is a Baptist and I'm embarrased that he is from Sheffield!  He uses this column in a very bad way and does not come across as a Christian but as a spiteful/angry man.  Sorry, Bill....I went to school with you and I'm embarrassed!

When I had an issue with another member here, I was told that if an Admin stepped in, it would mean we would both be banned.  That's both a good and a bad thing.  It's good that the Admin is completely objective.  It's bad because we lose people with whom we might personally enjoy chatting.

 

The reason the place turned into a zoo is that TVT is not monitored by mods, who would see when rules are broken and take care of the problem.  The Admin will not read all posts to see who is the biggest troublemaker.  As far as I can tell, he/she looks at the thread or post reported and makes the call based on those alone.  I doubt that's going to change since it's an un-moderated forum.  Also, if threads or posts are not reported, the Admin will not know they exist because they are not acting as a moderator, do not read the forums.

 

JMHO

I wanted to discuss two things. One is the Sheffield postings. Bill Gray posted about dances at Sheffield High ending with "Stars Fell on Ala." I don't know how I'd find that at the library. Some of his other posts were similar. They were his experiences and I enjoyed reading them. I usually skip over his religion posts.

 

The other thing is something that I caught in this post. Semi, you say

 

"There’s been twice recently, both on the same day, that Bill made a comment to Wooley that I felt was report/ban worthy. I, in fact, reported one of them."


But in another post you said two days ago


"I have only reported someone ONE time & it's been so long ago, I honestly can't remember why or who it was."


Sorry, one more thing, who's the "fireman"?


As a matter of fact, there are a large number of posts on the TD forums that violate forum rules but that are not reported.. Read the rules for yourself and compare them with what you encounter daily, and you will see that many, many times a lot of those posting on here are clearly in violation of the rules.

 

I am in favor of intense debate and it is my personal belief that the forums should be pretty free-wheeling.  I can see where extremes such as the use of profane and obscene language, the disclosure of personal information about another forum member, and the posting of material that could meet the legal definition of libel ought to be prohibited.  Beyond that, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen."

But in another post you said two days ago


"I have only reported someone ONE time & it's been so long ago, I honestly can't remember why or who it was."


Sorry, one more thing, who's the "fireman"?
************************************************************************************************

 

Not to "speak" for semi but what she means is she just reported it. The post she made about reporting someone one time long ago was completely honest.

Once more, bill posts personal information in here all the time. I have even ask him if he should be posting other's names like he does. That is never a good practice and they might not want him doing that. As with the child, he should have never put his name on this forum. He could have explained the situation with him without posting the child's name. 

Stalking, repeat profanity, revealing personal data of other posters and such, I can see banning. But, there should be a warning first.

 

I quipped about Woolybugger's forum name (should sheep worry?) which, is a double entendre playing on old English terms for rather nasty behavior, including the charge, "Extreme worrying of sheep."

 

The lefties scream bloody murder when I use the Guy Fawkes mask as an avatar or the glowing skull of an online comic book (called me a NASI).  Actually, the character is a good guy who reanimated himself to help his daughter. Likes to smoke cigars, but being a skeleton, has problems inhaling.

 

I've commented on Bestworking, Firenze and Semiannualchicks avatars that they were cute. Not looking for a date, or anything. Just a friendly comment.   

I remember bill asking invictus about one of his avatars. Maybe invictus can explain which it was, but bill had to comment on it and ask invictus if there was "anything he wanted to tell us", "anything he had to tell us", "anything he was trying to tell us" one of the comments he likes to use when he's insinutating something about a poster, because of the avatar. Like I said, invic would have to explain because I forget which avatar it was but I do remember bill's commenting on it.

so this Bill Gray character is a baptist preacher. Where does he preach at? Anyone know? I don't post much for the sake of not arguing with someone looking to pick a fight, but I'd love to attend his pulpit and let his fellow parishioners know of his ideologies and good christian behavior towards others. At least to see him squirm if nothing else.

 

As for wooly, his avatars have caught my attention several times which is good for his cause. It got his posts read. But I don't see that he should be banned for the pure hatred and disagreement of the likes of one Mr. Bill Gray.

Originally Posted by disolve:

so this Bill Gray character is a baptist preacher. Where does he preach at? Anyone know? I don't post much for the sake of not arguing with someone looking to pick a fight, but I'd love to attend his pulpit and let his fellow parishioners know of his ideologies and good christian behavior towards others. At least to see him squirm if nothing else.

 

As for wooly, his avatars have caught my attention several times which is good for his cause. It got his posts read. But I don't see that he should be banned for the pure hatred and disagreement of the likes of one Mr. Bill Gray.


The first bolded part I understand because it seems no matter what is said it turns into a p i s s ing contest and usually gets ugly and personal.  It is too bad.

 

The second part I agree with as well.  

Originally Posted by disolve:

so this Bill Gray character is a baptist preacher. Where does he preach at? Anyone know? I don't post much for the sake of not arguing with someone looking to pick a fight, but I'd love to attend his pulpit and let his fellow parishioners know of his ideologies and good christian behavior towards others. At least to see him squirm if nothing else.

 

As for wooly, his avatars have caught my attention several times which is good for his cause. It got his posts read. But I don't see that he should be banned for the pure hatred and disagreement of the likes of one Mr. Bill Gray.

_____________________________

Bill is a wanna be preacher. He lives in California but claims to know a lot about this area because he was "raised" here 70-80 years ago. He claims to have a huge following of people that "love" him, due to his "gift" of writing that he says God gave him.

He uses this forum & the people here in his writings. (of course, those people don't know about the "Christian" attitude he uses with us). He wants those people to see how he "endures" the lot of us & the troubled walk he has trying to tell us uneducated rednecks abut God.

Originally Posted by ShugaPush:

The other thing is something that I caught in this post. Semi, you say

"There’s been twice recently, both on the same day, that Bill made a comment to Wooley that I felt was report/ban worthy. I, in fact, reported one of them."

But in another post you said two days ago

"I have only reported someone ONE time & it's been so long ago, I honestly can't remember why or who it was."

Sorry, one more thing, who's the "fireman"?


_____________________________

When I posted I had only reported someone ONE time, I said it was a long time ago.

If you'll notice the dates in my post, Bill made those remarks on Sept. 30. And I said, "in fact, I reported one of them".

As of now, I have made two reports.

The Fireman is Bill's other ID.

I've commented on Bestworking, Firenze and Semiannualchicks avatars that they were cute. Not looking for a date, or anything. Just a friendly comment.

 

==============================================================

 

I didn't take it wrong. I think she's pretty too. I have a couple of figurines of fairies/pixies.

Since the TVT will ban who they want, when they want: without warning, logic, or a pattern: I doubt this will make a difference.

The easiest way to get banned used to be to insult the Times Daily. Still might work.

 

I have never reported a person, I have reported two posts in the past that involved divulging real names.

Originally Posted by semiannualchick:
Originally Posted by ShugaPush:

The other thing is something that I caught in this post. Semi, you say

"There’s been twice recently, both on the same day, that Bill made a comment to Wooley that I felt was report/ban worthy. I, in fact, reported one of them."

But in another post you said two days ago

"I have only reported someone ONE time & it's been so long ago, I honestly can't remember why or who it was."

Sorry, one more thing, who's the "fireman"?

_____________________________

When I posted I had only reported someone ONE time, I said it was a long time ago.

If you'll notice the dates in my post, Bill made those remarks on Sept. 30. And I said, "in fact, I reported one of them".

As of now, I have made two reports.

The Fireman is Bill's other ID.

 

 

Thanks for telling me about the fireman. I hadn't noticed him. Best, years ago I started a topic about Bill. I'm not his cheerleader by any means, but I don't want to see someone railroaded.

 

Semi, that date is wrong, you said it on October 4th you had reported only one person. Then on Oct. 6th you said you had reported Bill. The October 4th post was on another topic. I'll see if I can find it. I wouldn't be so nitpicky, but I'm concerned Bill, like him or not, is being set up. Live and let live.

I made a mistake. It was October 5th at 10:59 you said you'd only reported one person a long time ago. Then this post you say you reported Bill is dated 20 hours ago, so that would be roughly Oct. 7th at 1:30 a.m. My math is so bad but something like 38 hours apart? Not four or five days. Just wanted to prove I don't have alzheimer's yet.

Originally Posted by Bestworking:

Bill is not being "set up". He made those posts and at the time we all chided him about them. So run look all you want. How would he be getting "railroaded"? It's like I said, even bill could be banned IF people reported some of his posts.

 

I don't care who reports him, just don't lie about it. I don't care if you report him 20 times a day. Just don't think I'm so old I can't do the math.

Why would someone lie about posts or reporting anyway?  This is a forum, so why bother to get people banned by lying?  I do seriously wish we had an ignore option available, but isn't it easy to make a mistake about when you report someone?  I am lucky I remember my kids names (and I don't) most days, much less something like that...lol.

 

Once again I seem to be a bit lost.

Originally Posted by semiannualchick:
Originally Posted by disolve:

so this Bill Gray character is a baptist preacher. Where does he preach at? Anyone know? I don't post much for the sake of not arguing with someone looking to pick a fight, but I'd love to attend his pulpit and let his fellow parishioners know of his ideologies and good christian behavior towards others. At least to see him squirm if nothing else.

 

As for wooly, his avatars have caught my attention several times which is good for his cause. It got his posts read. But I don't see that he should be banned for the pure hatred and disagreement of the likes of one Mr. Bill Gray.

_____________________________

Bill is a wanna be preacher. He lives in California but claims to know a lot about this area because he was "raised" here 70-80 years ago. He claims to have a huge following of people that "love" him, due to his "gift" of writing that he says God gave him.

He uses this forum & the people here in his writings. (of course, those people don't know about the "Christian" attitude he uses with us). He wants those people to see how he "endures" the lot of us & the troubled walk he has trying to tell us uneducated rednecks abut God.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You, my friend, have a troll! A troll from California whom has nothing better to do than create multiple account names on forums and entice it's users who take the bait that he's fed them. Although I highly doubt he's from California, so let's play along that he is. He really has way too much time on his heavenly hands and it's really sad that a man of God would abuse his precious time on a forum antagonizing it's users from across the country. His futile blessing here could be used in a much more constructive manner and therefore is a pure waste of the little time that he has left. Now that's a shame.

 

I'm not sure if this forum has a way to block certain users, but I do believe he'd go away if he stopped getting a rise out of the patrons of this forum. 

Originally Posted by Bestworking:

Here's the "math". She reported him AFTER that post. Got it?

 

Okay, one more time. Wooly was banned on Sept. 30th? Right? So Bill commented on Sept. 30 or before right? So it wasn't after Oct. 5th that semi reported him. Just wanted to clear that up. She just didn't remember it had been so long? Yeah. Sorry, Shuga to steal your topic, but I just noticed it and yes I think it's odd.

 

And, semi, I don't care if you report Bill.

Originally Posted by ShugaPush:

I made a mistake. It was October 5th at 10:59 you said you'd only reported one person a long time ago. Then this post you say you reported Bill is dated 20 hours ago, so that would be roughly Oct. 7th at 1:30 a.m. My math is so bad but something like 38 hours apart? Not four or five days. Just wanted to prove I don't have alzheimer's yet.

__________________________________

Originally Posted by Infomercial:

Okay, one more time. Wooly was banned on Sept. 30th? Right? So Bill commented on Sept. 30 or before right? So it wasn't after Oct. 5th that semi reported him. Just wanted to clear that up. She just didn't remember it had been so long? Yeah. Sorry, Shuga to steal your topic, but I just noticed it and yes I think it's odd. And, semi, I don't care if you report Bill.

_________________________________

Ok, I’ll bite & try to explain it one more time so listen up, please.

 

On October 5 in another topic I posted in reply to Bill: “I have only reported someone ONE time & it's been so long ago, I honestly can't remember why or who it was”.  If you notice, I said, it's been so long ago, I honestly can't remember why or who it was”. My mind is not so bad that I can’t remember what I did within a few days time. The first time I reported anyone was not long after I joined this forum which was almost 3 years ago. That I do remember.

 

On Oct 6th, ONE DAY LATER, I posted: "There’s been twice recently, both on the same day, that Bill made a comment to Wooley that I felt was report/ban worthy. I, in fact, reported one of them".


I reported Bill right before I started this topic, which was what gave me the idea for the topic in the first place. That was my second time to report anyone.  I did not suggest in my report that Bill be banned, only that those post he made be deleted & perhaps a warning before he suggest or hints again that someone on this forum is a Pedophile.

Hopefully, this will clear the time-line up. If not, I don't care. Maybe someone else can try explaining it to you both.

 

ShugaPush, I didn't see anyone mention Alzheimer's but you.

 

And Infomercial, my comment that I had reported Bill was for Bill. How many times has Bill said he had or was going to report someone? Have you bothered to mention to him that you don’t care?

 

Originally Posted by frog:

Too bad there are no comments allowed from what I saw...lol.

 --------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah I know. I checked it out with disgust. I think I threw up in the back of my throat a little too.

Originally Posted by ShugaPush:
years ago I started a topic about Bill. I'm not his cheerleader by any means, but I don't want to see someone railroaded.

 I wouldn't be so nitpicky, but I'm concerned Bill, like him or not, is being set up. Live and let live.

____________________________

Railroaded? Being set up? Would you mind telling me how I'm doing these things to him? Bill gets all upset if someone indicates the least thing he thinks is out of line & reports that person.

How am I any different if I am offended by his comments hinting that a member of this forum is a Pedophile, not once but twice? You think I'm being nitpicky?

Being upset because Bill is as good as accusing someone of being a Pedophile is not being nitpicky. Innocent children & babies are being killed, raped, & abused by Pedophiles everyday & it's not a joking matter.

I've never seen you suggest that Bill was trying to railroad or set someone up.

Originally Posted by semiannualchick:

I reported Bill right before I started this topic, which was what gave me the idea for the topic in the first place.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep your fingers crossed, as that one may have just done it. Won't be very hard to find any other alias names/IP links with him being out of Cali...

Originally Posted by semiannualchick:
Originally Posted by ShugaPush:
years ago I started a topic about Bill. I'm not his cheerleader by any means, but I don't want to see someone railroaded.

 I wouldn't be so nitpicky, but I'm concerned Bill, like him or not, is being set up. Live and let live.

____________________________

Railroaded? Being set up? Would you mind telling me how I'm doing these things to him? Bill gets all upset if someone indicates the least thing he thinks is out of line & reports that person.

How am I any different if I am offended by his comments hinting that a member of this forum is a Pedophile, not once but twice? You think I'm being nitpicky?

Being upset because Bill is as good as accusing someone of being a Pedophile is not being nitpicky. Innocent children & babies are being killed, raped, & abused by Pedophiles everyday & it's not a joking matter.

I've never seen you suggest that Bill was trying to railroad or set someone up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^5 chick! I like your style already. Couldn't agree with ya more.

Originally Posted by disolve:
Originally Posted by semiannualchick:

I reported Bill right before I started this topic, which was what gave me the idea for the topic in the first place.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep your fingers crossed, as that one may have just done it. Won't be very hard to find any other alias names/IP links with him being out of Cali...

 

 

disolve, you made your first post five hrs ago and you already want someone banned? Quick judge of character?

Add Reply

Likes (0)

×
×
×
×