Originally Posted by DarkAngel:
Originally Posted by b50m:

And I'd like to know what unobtanium did to get banned.


When did that happen?



______________________

 

A week or so ago. Someone reported one of his post made to Bill and he got banned. I have no idea if it was Bill or not, but with his hatred for Unobtanium and the fact that the post was directed at him, I would vote that Bill did it.



I don't know what he could have said that he hasn't already said.  Oh well, as I stated, no rhyme or reason.

The only reason I could see for reporting someone is if they made personal threats against another user or tried to expose their real name and negatively impact their re****tion/work. Otherwise cursing, name calling, thumbing your nose at someone in a picture etc...is easily ignored. Why try and censor people? Are there those that come here that are so sheltered and out of touch with the big bad world that a curse word or two actually hurts them?

 

Originally Posted by b50m:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel:
Originally Posted by b50m:

And I'd like to know what unobtanium did to get banned.


When did that happen?



______________________

 

A week or so ago. Someone reported one of his post made to Bill and he got banned. I have no idea if it was Bill or not, but with his hatred for Unobtanium and the fact that the post was directed at him, I would vote that Bill did it.



I don't know what he could have said that he hasn't already said.  Oh well, as I stated, no rhyme or reason.

________________________________________________

 

He used some colorful language while admonishing Bill for saying that Contendah was an atheist, just because Contendah had a different opinion on some scripture.

Must have been very colorful. Since this filter on this thing bleeps out all the good words, I would like to know how he did it.

 

quote:  Originally Posted by semiannualchick:
I've seen Bill lie before & when you show him the proof of that lie, he won't answer to it.

Any preacher, not just the Baptist, will quote scripture & tell you what they believe it to mean.  I haven't come across any that is as hateful & pushy with it as Bill is.   Bill may not mean any harm, he just doesn't care, but he does insist on being correct.  There's no room for anything else.   I think Bill's other ID is The Fireman.  He doesn't bring him out very often except when he needs a boost.


Hi Chick,

 

You have posted this often, "I've seen Bill lie before & when you show him the proof of that lie, he won't answer to it" -- but, when asked for proof -- you are silent.   If you have proof -- show us.

 

Then, you tell me, "but he does insist on being correct."

 

I believe that you will find that I often write that the BIBLE is correct -- not Bill Gray.  I firmly believe when "God says it, I believe it!"   But, since you do not believe God nor His Bible -- to you that is Bill Gray declaring it to be true.  No, my Friend, when I quote the Bible -- the Bible is God declaring it to be true.

 

And, you falsely tell people, " I think Bill's other ID is The Fireman."

 

There is one reason that cannot be true.  Romans 1:16, "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek."

 

Since I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ -- it would be an insult to His name for me to post under false or multiple names when sharing His Gospel.  Therefore, I can say in all honesty, before my Lord Jesus Christ -- I have NEVER used any posting name except Bill Gray, my real name -- given to me when I was born in Tuscumbia, Alabama.

 

Even, when I first came on the TD Forums and the Mod told me I should not use my own name -- I told him that I had to do that -- for I am sharing God's Word.  And, in sharing God's Word I must be up front and honest.

 

To put your mind at ease -- there is only one Bill Gray.  No pseudonyms, no false or alternate names -- not even during the one week that Fish had me banned several years ago.

 

So, no, The Fireman is not me; nor is anyone else.  Although I do know the names of a few of the conservative Christians on the Religion Forum (several are on my Friends Ministry mail list -- and I would love to add anyone else who is interested -- just PM me); I do not know the identity of Fireman nor any other Christians who post.  

 

I will say this -- I wish more conservative Christians would break one habit -- that of being too passive -- and begin to post on the Religion Forum.   That is the one complaint I have long had with conservative Christians -- their reluctance to speak up and defend our faith in public.   To those who do, I offer a big "Atta boy!" or "Atta girl!" for your efforts in sharing the Gospel with others -- and for your efforts in refuting false and cult teachings.

 

Chick I pray this clears the air on these issues -- and, I sincerely pray that you and I can be Friends.  Do you really have any reason we cannot be Friends?

 

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

 

Bill

I didn't know Uno was banned. I thought he was out skiing and thumbing his nose at the po' folks. That's where you insert your smiley face! I must have missed what he said.

 

Hey, semi, who does Joy remind you of? You don't have to answer, but I've truly never thought she reminded me of anyone else, although I've had some accuse me of being her. She's much more tactful! Not to mention 12 years younger.

 

As for Bill, yes, I think he really believes the things he says--like about Snopes being wrong on Obama. Pulease!

And, you falsely tell people, " I think Bill's other ID is The Fireman."

 

 

 

How is that false if it is what she thinks? I think that too.

Bill, I see you posted while I was typing. I don't think using a screen name is being ashamed. I think it would have kept Wooly from doing what he did. If Wooly was really concerned, he would  have contacted you in private. His actions may not have proved he's evil, but it did prove him to be childish. I can debate anyone on here without bringing their family into it.

Originally Posted by b50m:

   And I'd like to know what unobtanium did to get banned.




When did that happen?






I didn't realize he was banned. I had however noticed he hadn't been around for a little while.
Last edited by dark dreamer
quote:    Originally Posted by Jennifer Bestworking:

And, you falsely tell people, " I think Bill's other ID is The Fireman."    

 

How is that false if it is what she thinks?  I think that too.


Hi Jennifer,

 

What you choose to believe -- and the truth -- are often separated by a very wide chasm.  I say it is false for two reasons:  (1) Because I have no other posting names, and (2) Even if I did -- there is NO WAY either you or Chick could know this to be true.

 

But, once again, to set your mind at peace -- "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel, for it is the power of salvation to EVERYONE who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek [another way of saying Gentiles, which includes you and me]"  (Romans 1:16). 

 

For this reason, I cannot use a pseudonym while sharing the Gospel.  For others it may not bother them.  But, for me -- it would bother me very much if I hid behind a pseudonym while sharing the Gospel of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.   He did not hide while hanging on the cross for me.  Why should I hide while sharing His Gospel with the world?   Doesn't make sense to me.  Therefore, you are stuck with only Bill Gray -- the man who loves the Gospel to much to hide from it.

 

Thank you for giving me this opportunity to explain this to our Forum Friends.

 

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

 

Bill

What you choose to believe -- and the truth -- are often separated by a very wide chasm. I say it is false for two reasons: (1) Because I have no other posting names, and (2) Even if I did -- there is NO WAY either you or Chick could know this to be true.

 

 

No bill, won't work. You said semi was falsely telling people what she thought. Then you turn to me. How about you bill, when you accused ME of having another id based on the number of posts under my name? How about after I said I had only one id and then explained to you that anyway the post counts of two ids wouldn't go under one name.  You didn't bother to correct your "mistake" did you. Chick didn't say true in her statement, I didn't say true. She said she thought it and I agreed.

 

Even, when I first came on the TD Forums and the Mod told me I should not use my own name -- I told him that I had to do that -- for I am sharing God's Word. And, in sharing God's Word I must be up front and honest.

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yes they wisely told you not to use your real name but you foolishly thought you knew so much more than they. Now they and us get to watch you whine when someone mentions something that YOU yourself posted in here.

Originally Posted by Bestworking:

       
In Your Head
 
Profile
Community Details
 
Personal Title: Post Master
Joined: September 15, 2010 3:12 PM
Last Time Signed In: October 3, 2011 6:21 AM
Status: Banned


Weird. Looks like he figured out how to change his user title to "In Your Head". Cool. I'll have to see if I can figure out how to do that now. I've never seen a control for changing it anywhere in the control center.
Originally Posted by Bill Gray:


Hi Chick,

 

You have posted this often, "I've seen Bill lie before & when you show him the proof of that lie, he won't answer to it" -- but, when asked for proof -- you are silent.   If you have proof -- show us.

 

Then, you tell me, "but he does insist on being correct."

 

I believe that you will find that I often write that the BIBLE is correct -- not Bill Gray.  I firmly believe when "God says it, I believe it!"   But, since you do not believe God nor His Bible -- to you that is Bill Gray declaring it to be true.  No, my Friend, when I quote the Bible -- the Bible is God declaring it to be true.

 

And, you falsely tell people, " I think Bill's other ID is The Fireman."

 

There is one reason that cannot be true.  Romans 1:16, "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek."

 

Since I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ -- it would be an insult to His name for me to post under false or multiple names when sharing His Gospel.  Therefore, I can say in all honesty, before my Lord Jesus Christ -- I have NEVER used any posting name except Bill Gray, my real name -- given to me when I was born in Tuscumbia, Alabama.

 

Even, when I first came on the TD Forums and the Mod told me I should not use my own name -- I told him that I had to do that -- for I am sharing God's Word.  And, in sharing God's Word I must be up front and honest.

 

To put your mind at ease -- there is only one Bill Gray.  No pseudonyms, no false or alternate names -- not even during the one week that Fish had me banned several years ago.

 

So, no, The Fireman is not me; nor is anyone else.  Although I do know the names of a few of the conservative Christians on the Religion Forum (several are on my Friends Ministry mail list -- and I would love to add anyone else who is interested -- just PM me); I do not know the identity of Fireman nor any other Christians who post.  

 

I will say this -- I wish more conservative Christians would break one habit -- that of being too passive -- and begin to post on the Religion Forum.   That is the one complaint I have long had with conservative Christians -- their reluctance to speak up and defend our faith in public.   To those who do, I offer a big "Atta boy!" or "Atta girl!" for your efforts in sharing the Gospel with others -- and for your efforts in refuting false and cult teachings.

 

Chick I pray this clears the air on these issues -- and, I sincerely pray that you and I can be Friends.  Do you really have any reason we cannot be Friends?

 

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

 

Bill Gray


 

The part I italicized and bolded is interesting.  I have met very few "conservative Christians" (I mean this as what your definition is, apparently, and not Christians in general since I assume you mean those who feel as you do) who were too passive, or even passive at all.  The ones who "speak up and defend our faith in public", "share the Gospel with others" and make "efforts in refuting false and cult teachings" often steamroll others' beliefs and turn people off to religion.

 

I think the "one complaint" many people have is that some very vocal conservative Christians are so busy telling everyone else how to live and quoting Scripture, making fun of others' beliefs and belittling them while insisting their way is the only one, and making very passive-aggressive statements and then couching them in pretend friendliness, that they don't respect boundaries or hear anything anyone else says without the filter of, "I am right, you are wrong, and I must save you from Hell even if you already heard me and you said no thanks".    

 

Note please, that I am NOT saying all Christians do this.  I am just saying that being sincere in your agendas and honest in your friendships and life, honoring other people's beliefs, and treating people with respect might convince more people to follow Christianity than the behaviors I listed above.  Perhaps the other conservative Christians you refer to are living their faith and don't feel a need to intrude upon others' private beliefs, laugh at them, insinuate things about them, or aggressively prove every point wrong?  Just a thought and my own opinion.

Originally Posted by Bestworking:

        Not sure but I think that "in your head" was listed as his location.





Ok duh! I see that now. LOL
quote:   Originally Posted by Jennifer Bestworking:

BTW, I didn't talk to a mod when I registered and wonder how they'd know who is or isn't using a real name. 


Hi Jennifer,

 

Nor did I speak on the telephone with the TD Mod.  In the beginning (how's that for sneaking the Bible into the discussion?) -- when I first began to post -- I had a signature on all my post which shared a lot of information, including my e-mail address.   I wanted anyone who was interested to be able to contact me directly.   The Mod questions this and I removed a lot of the personal info -- but, insisted upon using my real name.  The Mod and I did this via PMs.

 

I did speak on the telephone with Elizabeth in the early days when she was helping me solve the problem of not being able to post a new discussion and not being able to edit a post.   I also talked with her the time that Fish got me banned for a week -- just for clarification.

 

By the way, the TD Mod also commented that he had never seen me be argumentative nor nasty with other members -- even when they became nasty with me.  I have tried to maintain that position -- although I will admit to occasionally getting a wee bit testy at times.

 

But, those are the "facts, and nothing but the facts, ma'am" (as Sgt Joe Friday used to say on Dragnet [before your time]).

 

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

 

Bill

By the way, the TD Mod also commented that he had never seen me be argumentative nor nasty with other members -- even when they became nasty with me. I have tried to maintain that position -- although I will admit to occasionally getting a wee bit testy at times.

 

 

quote:    Originally Posted by FirenzeVeritas:

Bill, I see you posted while I was typing. I don't think using a screen name is being ashamed. I think it would have kept Wooly from doing what he did. If Wooly was really concerned, he would  have contacted you in private. His actions may not have proved he's evil, but it did prove him to be childish. I can debate anyone on here without bringing their family into it.


Hi Firenze,

 

You are right.  I do not believe that most Christians posting on the Religion Forum use pseudonyms because they are are ashamed.   And, I do not believe this applies just to Christians.  I am sure that many folks use a pseudonym because it allows them to be more bold in speaking their mind.  And, I am sure there are numerous other reasons folks use a pseudonym.  Many professional writers even do this when they publish books of a different genre than folks are accustomed to seeing from them.

 

I guess what I was really trying to say is that I could not use a pseudonym because I would feel that I was acting as though I am ashamed of the Gospel.  So, if anyone took that as a personal affront -- I apologize.  I was only trying to explain to Chick and to Jennifer why I cannot use any name except my own personal name.

 

Quite honestly, I do hope that Dwight does get reinstated.  But, when he does (or when he comes back under a new pseudonym) -- I pray that he will not be so confrontational with those of us who cannot believe his Mormon teachings -- and for those of us who feel that we must refute those teachings.   We can do this and still be Friends.

 

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

 

Bill

Quite honestly, I do hope that Dwight does get reinstated. But, when he does (or when he comes back under a new pseudonym) -- I pray that he will not be so confrontational with those of us who cannot believe his Mormon teachings -- and for those of us who feel that we must refute those teachings. We can do this and still be Friends.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are kidding aren't you? How do you post such nonsense when you know it was you and not him that was confrontational? You stayed on him all the time belittling his religion and you have the nerve to try and blame him? If you wanted him here you wouldn't have reported him. If you were trying to be his friend he'd never need an enemy.

quote:   Originally Posted by frog:
The part I italicized and bolded is interesting.  I have met very few "conservative Christians" (I mean this as what your definition is, apparently, and not Christians in general since I assume you mean those who feel as you do) who were too passive, or even passive at all.  The ones who "speak up and defend our faith in public", "share the Gospel with others" and make "efforts in refuting false and cult teachings" often steamroll others' beliefs and turn people off to religion. 

Hi Frog,

 

You have hit the nail on the head!  That is exactly what I am trying to do -- turn people OFF religions -- and get people turned ON to having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.   If I can do that for anyone -- I have been successful as an evangelist.

 

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

 

Bill

People often use a pseudonym because it is a great idea for security reasons.  As some might have noticed, some people get really upset with things people post or might disagree, find out who they are and come to their homes.  Of course you also have the perverts and the nuts around the internet, so many sites don't allow real names at all.  It isn't a bad policy really, since I have known  some really bad things that happened when people use their real names.  

 

That is too bad anyone feels she or he "has" to refute someone else's beliefs.  It isn't as if anyone will convert or cast aside his or her religious beliefs because someone else quotes scripture or explains why the person is wrong.  Really, does anyone suddenly start believing in God or decide there is no God just because someone says it is so on a message board, or join Islam because someone quotes from the Qur'an a lot?

Originally Posted by frog:

People often use a pseudonym because it is a great idea for security reasons. Of course you also have the perverts and the nuts around the internet, so many sites don't allow real names at all.

___________________________

About 6 months after I came on this forum, there was a member that was constantly PMing me, telling me what he was doing to himself while reading my post. He wanted to know where I lived so he could come visit. If I had used my real name as my ID, I would have been terrified. Of course, he was banned.

Before anyone jumps me for lying because I've said I only reported 2 people in my time here, he has been the only one I insisted be banned & I think he deserved it.

Originally Posted by Bill Gray:
quote:   Originally Posted by frog:
The part I italicized and bolded is interesting.  I have met very few "conservative Christians" (I mean this as what your definition is, apparently, and not Christians in general since I assume you mean those who feel as you do) who were too passive, or even passive at all.  The ones who "speak up and defend our faith in public", "share the Gospel with others" and make "efforts in refuting false and cult teachings" often steamroll others' beliefs and turn people off to religion. 

Hi Frog,

 

You have hit the nail on the head!  That is exactly what I am trying to do -- turn people OFF religions -- and get people turned ON to having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.   If I can do that for anyone -- I have been successful as an evangelist.

 

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

 

Bill


Oh, Bill.  You are something else...lol.  Just to clarify what I said, the behaviors I mentioned in my post that you quoted from especially tend to turn people off to any kind of personal relationship with anyone who supposedly sends people out to behave in such ways.  

 

Let me put it this way to you.  If I had never heard of God and the first person I heard speak of him was you and I only knew of him from reading your posts here, I would never want to read a Bible or attend any church at all ever.  I would assume that God encourages his followers to behave in the ways I listed and not want anything to do with him or his followers, since I see behaviors here that I wouldn't allow in my home or want to be around in friends (friends respect each others' values and boundaries). So why in the universe would I want to base my entire life on a book and belief system that not only taught those behaviors but encouraged and rewarded them, surround myself with passive-aggressive people who basically would treat me like crap if I didn't fall in line with everything, and surrender my reasoning and fate to a God who wanted me to treat others with disrespect and scorn as I bullied them into Christianity?

 

If I wanted to show someone the way I believed was wonderful and the way to live, I would live it and share my beliefs with anyone who asked and indicated s/he wanted me to do that.  I wouldn't do everything I could to make them not only not want to go to my church, but not to ever set foot in one again.  Since I know people from many places who believe many things, I know that you and the ones you are proud of who I suppose do as you feel is right aren't representative of all Christians by any means, and I am glad.  

Originally Posted by semiannualchick:
Originally Posted by frog:

People often use a pseudonym because it is a great idea for security reasons. Of course you also have the perverts and the nuts around the internet, so many sites don't allow real names at all.

___________________________

About 6 months after I came on this forum, there was a member that was constantly PMing me, telling me what he was doing to himself while reading my post. He wanted to know where I lived so he could come visit. If I had used my real name as my ID, I would have been terrified. Of course, he was banned.

Before anyone jumps me for lying because I've said I only reported 2 people in my time here, he has been the only one I insisted be banned & I think he deserved it.


Ewww, sorry that happened, semi!  That is just nasty and it happens more than people are often aware.  On another forum we have had people who were computer savvy show up and threaten a person who used a real name and her family, and an ex husband use posts another real-name user made (nothing graphic or really over any line) to take to court and win custody of their 2 children.  She still hasn't gotten them back after 2 years, and although she isn't perfect, he was abusive and controlling and totally harassed and intimidated her and the kids.  She thought he was totally gone from their lives, but one day she was served with papers and informed of a pile of posts that really showed nothing worth losing her kids over.  Add a judge who knew his family and how he was such a "good boy" and there went her kids.

 

It is really never a good idea to go by a real name anywhere online unless it is your business website and you have customers who need your name.  There are a lot of unstable people out there.

I've reported one person and i did it a lot of times and I would do it again if he came back. That person was Rramm/ buffalo/ okUok/ okOok/ Magpie. That person was clearly only here to start trouble and make unfounded accusations toward members here. He even started attacking me and calling me nasty names too after I started confronting him and his trolling nature. Everything that man posted here pretty much was lies. People like that have no place on a forum. I've dealt with them in the past on my own forums and sites and refuse to go through that again.

If this makes me a terrible person so be it but I do know others reported him as well. It has been so nice here without the constant attacks and harassment and lies.
Originally Posted by frog:

       It is really never a good idea to go by a real name anywhere online unless it is your business website and you have customers who need your name.  There are a lot of unstable people out there.

I agree wholeheartedly. I'm often shocked at what people even put up on MySpace or Facebook. Such as phone numbers and real names and even when they are going to be out of town or on vacation. It's a stalkers paradise in many ways.Not to mention burglars and thieves. I've seen and heard of many situations where it came back to bite them in the ass too. It's never a good idea.

Hi Frog,

You write, "People often use a pseudonym because it is a great idea for security reasons.  As some might have noticed, some people get really upset with things people post or might disagree, find out who they are and come to their homes.  Of course you also have the perverts and the nuts around the internet, so many sites don't allow real names at all.  It isn't a bad policy really, since I have known some really bad things that happened when people use their real names."

As I told Firenze, I feel strongly about using my own name for sharing the Gospel -- and that is why I do it.  I am not knocking  anyone for using a pseudonym -- only saying why I do not.

Then, you write, "That is too bad anyone feels she or he 'has' to refute someone else's beliefs.  It isn't as if anyone will convert or cast aside his or her religious beliefs because someone else quotes scripture or explains why the person is wrong."

Why refute false and cult teachings?  For one thing, because all believers are told to do this in the Bible (Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 1:8, Mark 16:15, and many more).

In 2 Timothy 4:1-5 the apostle Paul admonishes all believers, "I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.  But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do  the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."

So, yes, all believers are told my Jesus Christ to share His Gospel.  Sharing His Gospel, and the Word of God, means refuting any  and all teachings which do not agree with His Written Word, the Bible.

Then, you ask, "Really, does anyone suddenly start believing in God or decide there is no God just because someone says it is so on a message board, or join Islam because someone quotes from the Qur'an a lot?"

In Matthew 13:1-9 (also Mark 4:1-9 and Luke 8:4-8), we read the Parable of the Sower.  Here, Jesus Christ teaches of sowing seeds,  i.e., seeds of salvation.   And, in Matthew 13:18-23, He explains this parable.

Basically, He is telling us that we, all believers, need to be sowing seeds of salvation among the unbelieving world.  Some will fall on  good soil, a receptive heart, and will immediately begin to grow and bloom.  Others will fall on differing kinds of soil -- from rocky to  infertile soils.  However, the task, the Great Commission, He has given to all believers is that we continue to sow seeds and to help  nurture seeds sown by others -- and, in doing so, many will be brought to Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit.

Personally, Frog, I am one true example of a person who had the seeds sown many years ago -- but, I stifled their growth.  Until, when I was fifty years old -- a Godly man continued to nurture those seeds.   And, today, I thank God for him -- for, without his nurturing, I might not be a saved believer today.

Therefore, Frog, yes -- it is the duty, the Great Commission, of all believers that we should be sharing the Word of God -- and  refuting all false and cult teachings.   Why?  To prevent that one soul, that one person who might be led astray -- from being led away from eternal life in Christ.

Refuting false and cult teachings, and sharing the Word of God, on a Religion Forum where we constantly have non-believers casting stones at us -- is not a choice one would choose.  It is a command from our Commander-in-Chief that we be His witnesses in all the world.   Just as a soldier would not purposely choose to walk into harm's way in battle -- we Christian believers do not purposely choose to come here and be called all sorts of name.  Yet, because we love our Lord, and because we sincerely want to see as  many of the non-believers as possible -- saved; we will continue to be a presence here on the Religion Forum.

I did not come to the Religion Forum five years ago because I like writing on forums.  For years I have avoided forums.  I find most  forums typically always deteriorate into "spitting contests."  However, in 2007, while reading the TimesDaily online, I noticed a  discussion titled something like, "What Are Christians" -- and this got my attention.

When I opened that discussion, I found it dominated by Deep, Fish, and a handful of other non-believers.  I joined the TD Forums that day to refute their atheist teachings.  And, I have stayed, even with the many stones cast -- to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to refute false and cult teachings.    God willing, I will be here for many years doing the same.

Frog, thank you for giving me this opportunity to share this with our Forum Friends.  I pray that I have helped you better understand why I am on the Religion Forum -- and why I will be here until God removes me.

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

Bill

Originally Posted by Bill Gray:
Hi Chick,

You have posted this often, "I've seen Bill lie before & when you show him the proof of that lie, he won't answer to it" -- but, when asked for proof -- you are silent.   If you have proof -- show us.

Then, you tell me, "but he does insist on being correct."

I believe that you will find that I often write that the BIBLE is correct -- not Bill Gray.  

But, since you do not believe God nor His Bible -- to you that is Bill Gray declaring it to be true. 

And, you falsely tell people, " I think Bill's other ID is The Fireman."

Since I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ -- it would be an insult to His name for me to post under false or multiple names when sharing His Gospel. 

And, in sharing God's Word I must be up front and honest.

So, no, The Fireman is not me; nor is anyone else. 

Chick I pray this clears the air on these issues -- and, I sincerely pray that you and I can be Friends.  Do you really have any reason we cannot be Friends?

Bill

______________________________

Bill, how many times do you want proof? You always say “show us” & when shown, you flee the topic. Us don't flee, but you do. I’ve shown you before how you have taken my words & twisted them into something completely different than what I said to start with. I’ve seen you do the same things to others here. You’ve used cartoons to make fun of people, just because we didn’t go along with your beliefs, or something you said.

 

I’m not talking about the Bible when I say you insist on being correct. I’m talking about the way you interpret the Bible. You are not the final authority on what someone believes the Bible to be saying. You could be wrong, you could be right, but you should never try to push the way you see it on someone else. But you do it all the time.

 

See, you’re twisting my words again with your “But, since you do not believe God nor His Bible”. I have NEVER said that I don’t believe God or the Bible. What I have said is that I have doubts. Doubts, Bill, is questioning something, searching!! I have said IF God exist, not that He doesn’t.  

 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen the Fireman post scripture. When he does post, it’s always backing what you say. Sort of your cheerleader.

 

So, you think anyone on this forum that uses a pseudonym is not a Christian & an insult to God? Anyone besides you, since you use your real name, that shares God’s word is not being up front & honest? Your judgment is up there in high form tonight, Bill.

 

Bill, I learned ago not to trust most Christians, especially those like you that preach judgment, Hell, & ****ation. The Bible doesn’t teach just the negative. It also teaches positive…..love, compassion, of which you know nothing about.

Bill, as long as you put yourself above others, judge harshly, no love/compassion in your soul, No, you & I will never be friends. You never know when someone on this forum may need a kind word, a pick-me-up. To hear someone say something positive. That, to a Christian, should be a very high priority. Not telling that person about the negative.......Hell & judgment.

 

 I don't see the whole point of feeling the need to defend reporting someone or the appropriateness of anyone accusing someone of lying about it.  Reporting someone is a private matter between a member and the admin/mod staff.  It is no one's business as far as I have seen on any other forums, and the whole discussion of who got reported, who got who banned, and so forth is why it is private.  If I believe a post is over a line and I report it I wouldn't be trying to get someone banned, but what the staff does about it is up to them.  I wouldn't do it unless I felt it was a serious issue, but it is frankly no one's business what we do privately in pms or comments to staff.  If it isn't private the person can get harassed (you know, called a liar and a big deal made of who said what?) or other similar problems can come up.  

 

As far as calling someone a liar about her reporting?  It isn't anyone's business anyway what was done, so how is calling someone about about it reasonable?  Reporting a post is simply that.  Often nothing is done anyway, and if it is it is usually because more than one person reported a post or several posts from the same person.  So why all the accusations and fuss about reporting?  It happens sometimes...not a biggie really unless there are hair-trigger mods which we obviously don't have here.

 

 

Originally Posted by dark dreamer:
If this makes me a terrible person so be it but I do know others reported him as well.

__________________________

I don't think that makes you a terrible person at all. In fact, I think you're terribly nice!

Originally Posted by DarkAngel:

The only reason I could see for reporting someone is if they made personal threats against another user or tried to expose their real name and negatively impact their re****tion/work. Otherwise cursing, name calling, thumbing your nose at someone in a picture etc...is easily ignored. Why try and censor people? Are there those that come here that are so sheltered and out of touch with the big bad world that a curse word or two actually hurts them?

___________________________

I somewhat agree but I think implying someone on this forum, not once but twice, is a Pedophile, is wrong.

Don't forget saying they don't want to "choose" to believe in a god because they want a "worldly aka sinful" life, or implying that they must be g a y to stand up for g a y s, or saying they never believed and only played at church.

Originally Posted by Bill Gray:

Hi Frog,

You write, "People often use a pseudonym because it is a great idea for security reasons.  As some might have noticed, some people get really upset with things people post or might disagree, find out who they are and come to their homes.  Of course you also have the perverts and the nuts around the internet, so many sites don't allow real names at all.  It isn't a bad policy really, since I have known some really bad things that happened when people use their real names."

As I told Firenze, I feel strongly about using my own name for sharing the Gospel -- and that is why I do it.  I am not knocking  anyone for using a pseudonym -- only saying why I do not.

Then, you write, "That is too bad anyone feels she or he 'has' to refute someone else's beliefs.  It isn't as if anyone will convert or cast aside his or her religious beliefs because someone else quotes scripture or explains why the person is wrong."

Why refute false and cult teachings?  For one thing, because all believers are told to do this in the Bible (Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 1:8, Mark 16:15, and many more).

In 2 Timothy 4:1-5 the apostle Paul admonishes all believers, "I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom: preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will turn away their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths.  But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do  the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."

So, yes, all believers are told my Jesus Christ to share His Gospel.  Sharing His Gospel, and the Word of God, means refuting any  and all teachings which do not agree with His Written Word, the Bible.

Then, you ask, "Really, does anyone suddenly start believing in God or decide there is no God just because someone says it is so on a message board, or join Islam because someone quotes from the Qur'an a lot?"

In Matthew 13:1-9 (also Mark 4:1-9 and Luke 8:4-8), we read the Parable of the Sower.  Here, Jesus Christ teaches of sowing seeds,  i.e., seeds of salvation.   And, in Matthew 13:18-23, He explains this parable.

Basically, He is telling us that we, all believers, need to be sowing seeds of salvation among the unbelieving world.  Some will fall on  good soil, a receptive heart, and will immediately begin to grow and bloom.  Others will fall on differing kinds of soil -- from rocky to  infertile soils.  However, the task, the Great Commission, He has given to all believers is that we continue to sow seeds and to help  nurture seeds sown by others -- and, in doing so, many will be brought to Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit.

Personally, Frog, I am one true example of a person who had the seeds sown many years ago -- but, I stifled their growth.  Until, when I was fifty years old -- a Godly man continued to nurture those seeds.   And, today, I thank God for him -- for, without his nurturing, I might not be a saved believer today.

Therefore, Frog, yes -- it is the duty, the Great Commission, of all believers that we should be sharing the Word of God -- and  refuting all false and cult teachings.   Why?  To prevent that one soul, that one person who might be led astray -- from being led away from eternal life in Christ.

Refuting false and cult teachings, and sharing the Word of God, on a Religion Forum where we constantly have non-believers casting stones at us -- is not a choice one would choose.  It is a command from our Commander-in-Chief that we be His witnesses in all the world.   Just as a soldier would not purposely choose to walk into harm's way in battle -- we Christian believers do not purposely choose to come here and be called all sorts of name.  Yet, because we love our Lord, and because we sincerely want to see as  many of the non-believers as possible -- saved; we will continue to be a presence here on the Religion Forum.

I did not come to the Religion Forum five years ago because I like writing on forums.  For years I have avoided forums.  I find most  forums typically always deteriorate into "spitting contests."  However, in 2007, while reading the TimesDaily online, I noticed a  discussion titled something like, "What Are Christians" -- and this got my attention.

When I opened that discussion, I found it dominated by Deep, Fish, and a handful of other non-believers.  I joined the TD Forums that day to refute their atheist teachings.  And, I have stayed, even with the many stones cast -- to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ and to refute false and cult teachings.    God willing, I will be here for many years doing the same.

Frog, thank you for giving me this opportunity to share this with our Forum Friends.  I pray that I have helped you better understand why I am on the Religion Forum -- and why I will be here until God removes me.

God bless, have a wonderful, blessed day,

Bill


Bill, let me explain something to you.  If you answer something I say with a bunch of Bible verses and your explanation of them I am skipping them, so you are wasting your time.  I am talking to you, not a book that I already read more than once and can interpret for myself, thanks anyway.  As far as your name, I was speaking in general and not to you.  It is of course your choice to call yourself whatever you like.  I simply pointed out that bad things can come of using one's real name, but wasn't speaking to you directly.

 

I believe I can take a good guess why you are here, and you proved the point once again that I was making in my comments about the behaviors.  I get it.  You need to keep quoting and telling everyone what you feel the words mean, and you feel you need to make everyone feel how you do and see the light or they will be ****ed.  I get it and I realize no matter what anyone says on here that isn't going to change, just as your posting scripture and all your personal interpretation isn't going to convince anyone to follow you, most likely.  It's interesting to me also that you mentioned you hope Wooly is back but not so "confrontational", when I saw in that thread that he wasn't particularly confronting anyone that I saw any more than others do at times..maybe I missed something of course.

 

I am not going to have any contests of any kind with you and I wish you enjoyment with your recruitment methods and some peace as well.  I have no ignore option, but I can scroll really fast and am glad I just thought of that  (a chuckling smile at how slow I am at thinking of that sometimes...no hostility, just to be clear)

Originally Posted by semiannualchick:
Originally Posted by dark dreamer:
If this makes me a terrible person so be it but I do know others reported him as well.

__________________________

I don't think that makes you a terrible person at all. In fact, I think you're terribly nice!


If you feel something needs to be reported then you do.  It doesn't make you a terrible person at all! It doesn't matter if everyone agrees or not, either, really.

Originally Posted by semiannualchick:

Frog, I enjoy reading your post & you are always right on!


Thanks.  Same to you

Originally Posted by b50m:

Must have been very colorful. Since this filter on this thing bleeps out all the good words, I would like to know how he did it.

_____________________

Good point. I would like to know that too.

Add Reply

Post

×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×